INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF SEISMOLOGY AND EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING
International Institute of Seismology and Earthquake Engineering (IISEE) was established in 1962 and has provided training courses in the field of seismology and earthquake engineering for the so-called developing countries supported by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (Ministry of Construction until Jan. 2001) of Japanese Government and Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA). The current activities and history of IISEE are shown in the following URL.
IISEE Bulletin is printed and distributed for promoting the research activities mainly in the developing countries. The articles welcomed should contain topics in seismology and earthquake engineering related with the developing countries. The categories expected for contribution are Original Papers, Letters, Technical Notes, News, Book Review and so on.
The current members of the editorial office are the followings:
- Dr. Sci. Toshiaki YOKOI, Director, IISEE
- Dr. Sci. Bunichiro SHIBAZAKI, Chief Research Seismologist, IISEE
- Dr. Sci. Tatsuhiko HARA, Chief Research Seismologist, IISEE
- Dr. Eng. Tatsuya AZUHATA, Chief Research Engineer, IISEE
- Dr. Sci. Yushiro FUJII, Senior Research Seismologist, IISEE
- Dr. Eng. Haruhiko SUWADA, Senior Research Engineer, IISEE
- Dr. Sci. Saeko KITA, Senior Research Seismologist, IISEE
- Dr. Sci. Takumi HAYASHIDA, Research Seismologist, IISEE
- Dr. Eng. Toshihide KASHIMA, Research Engineer, IISEE
- Mr. Yoshihiro IITAKE, Head of Training and General Affair Section, IISEE
- Ms. Chieko GOTO, Chief Official of Training and General Affair Section, IISEE
- Mr. Sho HAMANO, Administrative Official, IISEE
- Dr. Eng. Faruk KARADOGAN, Emeritus Professor, Istanbul Technical
- Dr. Eng. Carlos Zavala TOLEDO, Professor, CISMID, National
University of Engineering, Peru
- Dr. Eng. Radu VACAREANU, Professor, Technical University of Civil
Engineering, Bucharest, Romania
- Dr. Eng. Taiki SAITO, Professor, Toyohashi University of Technology,
The manuscripts submitted for Original Papers and Letters will be reviewed by those who the editorial office will select appropriately for each one. Acceptance, Request for considerable or minor change, or Rejection will be informed by the editorial office.
PROHIBITION OF MISCONDUCT
When submitting manuscripts, such misconduct as duplicate submission, fabrication, falsification, plagiarism, etc. is prohibited. If any misconduct is found, the editorial office withdraws the published paper. However, following contents can be submitted as exceptions of the duplicate submission:
- 1) Papers intended for very limited readers (e.g., reference materials for a closed study meeting, reports for Grants-in-Aid for scientific research, reports or others on achievement for contracted research)
- 2) Manuscripts that only contain summarized contents (e.g., abstracts for a workshop, symposium, international meeting)
- 3) Academic dissertations (theses) by authors
- 4) Other contents approved by the editorial office as an exception.
NOTICE TO CONTRIBUTORS
IISEE does not request any submission fee to the contributors to IISEE Bulletin for promoting and helping the research activities in the developing countries. However, to minimize the financial load to IISEE, the contributors are requested to make their manuscript exactly following the
Contributors are also requested to fill out and submit the check sheet designated by the editorial office when submitting a manuscript.
are provided to contributors from http://iisee.kenken.go.jp/ or by e-mail if necessary.
NOTICE TO SUBSCRIBERS AND READERS
IISEE Bulletin is not for sale in any way. The copy is distributed to the libraries that have contacted with IISEE without any subscription rate. The potential readers are recommended to access the libraries on the
PERMISSION TO REUSE MATERIAL FROM IISEE BULLETIN
Potential users of tables, figures or short extracts of papers published in IISEE Bulletin must apply to the editorial office by e-mail and obtain the permission for reuse of them.
The copyright of papers in IISEE Bulletin belongs to IISEE. And they will be published on the Web site of IISEE.
Manuscript and correspondence should be addressed to:
- Editorial Office,
- International Institute of Seismology and Earthquake Engineering,
- Building Research Institute,
- 1-Tachihara, Tsukuba, 305-0802, JAPAN
- Tel: +81-29-879-0679, Fax: +81-29-864-6777, e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic submission via e-mail is strongly encouraged to simplify the editing process. The file should be readable and modifiable by MicroSoft Word or by Adobe Acrobat.