Welcome To My Home Page: Yuji Yagi
Go to Japanese page
Name : Yuji Yagi
Special : Seismology
Position : Research Scientist
Rsearch Subject :
Source Process of Large Earthquake
Aseismic Slip and Coseismic Slip
Source Process of Recent Large Earthquakes
We determined source process of large earthquakes using seismic waves.
- March 28, 2005 OFF COAST OF SUMATRA Great Earthqauke(NEW)
- December 26, 2004 OFF COAST OF NORTHERN SUMATRA Giant Earthqauke(NEW)
- December 27, 2003 Southeast of Loyalty Islands Earthquake
- December 26, 2003 Southeastern IRAN, Earthquake
- December 22, 2003 CENTRAL CALIFORNIA, earthquake
- September 26, 2003 Tokachi-oki, Japan, earthquake
- July 26, 2003 East of Honshu, Japan, earthquake
- July 15, 2003 CARLSBERG RIDGE Earthquake
- May 27, 2003 May 26, 2003 HALMAHERA, INDONESIA, earthquake
- May 26, 2003 Near East coast of Honshu, Japan, earthquake
- May 21, 2003 (Mw 6.7) Northern Algeria Earthquake
- January 22, 2003 (Mw 7.4) Colima, Mexico Earthquake
- November 2, 2002 (Mw 7.3) NORTHERN SUMATRA, INDONESIA EARTHQUAKE(NEW)
- Yagi, Yuji ; T. Mikumo; J. Pacheco; G. Reyes, Source rupture process of the Tecoman, Colima,
Mexico earthquake of January 22, 2003, determined by joint inversion of teleseismic
body wave and near-field data (PDF), Bull. Seism. Soc. Am (in print)., 2003.
- Yagi, Yuji,
Source rupture process of the 2003 Tokachi-oki earthquake determined by joint inversion of
teleseismic body wave and strong ground motion data (PDF),
Earth Planet and Space, 56, 311-316, 2004.
- Yuji Yagi, Source process of large and significant earthquakes in 2003 (PDF), Bulletin of International Institute of Seismology and Earthquake Engineering
, pp 145-153, 2003.
- Mikumo, Takeshi; Y. Yagi, Slip-weakening distance in dynamic rupture of in-slab normal-faulting earthquakes,
Geophys. J. Int., 155, 443-445, 2003.
- Yagi, Yuji ; Masayuki Kikuchi; Takuya Nishimura,
Co-seismic slip, post-seismic slip, and largest aftershock
associated with the 1994 Sanriku-haruka-oki, Japan, earthquake. (PDF),Geophys. Res. Lett., 30, doi:10.1029/2003GL018189, 2003.
- Fukahata, Yukitoshi; Y. Yagi ; M. Matsu'ura,
Waveform inversion for seismic source processes using ABIC with two sorts of
prior constraints: Comparison between proper and improper formulations,
Geophys. Res. Lett., 30, 10.1029/2002GL016293, 2003.
- Yagi, Yuji ; M. Kikuchi,
Partitioning between seismogenic
and aseismic slip as highlighted from slow slip events in Hyuga-nada, Japan (PDF),
Geophys. Res. Lett., 30, doi:10.1029.2002GL015664, 2003. Copyright 2003 American Geophysical Union.
Further reproduction or electronic distribution is not permitted.
- Mikumo, Takashi; K.B. Olsen; E. Fukuyama; Y. Yagi,
Stress-breakdown time and slip-weakening distance inferred from slip-velocity
functions on earthquake faults,
Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., 93, 264-282, 2003.
- Mikumo, Takeshi; Y. Yagi; S. K. Singh; M. A. Santoyo, Coseismic and postseismic
stress changes in a subducting plate: Possible stress interactions between large interplate
thrust and intraplate normal-faulting earthquakes,
J. Geophys. Res., 107, 10.1029.2001JB000446, 2002.
- Yuji Yagi and M. Kikuchi, Source rupture
process of the Kocaeli, Turkey, earthquake of August17, 1999, obtained by joint
inversion of near-field data and teleseismic data (PDF), Geophys. Res.
Lett., Vol. 27, pp1969-1972, 2000. Copyright 2000 American Geophysical Union. Further reproduction or electronic
distribution is not permitted.
- M. Kikuchi; Y. Yagi; Y Yamanaka, Source Process of Chi-Chi, Taiwan Earthquake of
September 21, 1999 Inferred from Teleseismic Body waves,
Bull. Earthq. Res. Inst. Univ. Tokyo, Vol. 75, pp1-13, 2000.
Last UPDATE : June 7, 2003