International Institute of Seismology and Earthquake Engineering (IISEE) invites engineers and researchers from earthquake prone developing countries, provides training on seismology, earthquake engineering, and Tsunami. The IISEE-UNESCO Public Lecture Notes Project for training will post the training materials used in the IISEE training courses on the website. It ultimately aims to help mitigate earthquake disasters in developing countries by disseminating information on the IISEE training courses and making the lecture contents available.
IISEE-UNESCO Lecture Notes Archive provides online service for all users on the Internet. After IISEE administrators and lecturers release their course syllabuses, lectures or other materials, you can browse and download them freely.
1. Courses with (♦) in the Course View
You can log in the system and download the files without registrations.
2. Courses without (♦)
Please note that you need to register an account and login the system to download all the online materials, unless you just want a quick overview of the course description or syllabus.
In order to download all the online materials without the mark ♦, you need to register an account as the following steps.
1. Click the “Register” button located on the left of the main page.
2. Fill in the registration form. You need to provide a valid email address to complete the registration.
3. Click the checkbox to agree to the guideline, and then click the “Register” button to submit your registration form.
4. Check your e-mail box. You will receive a welcome mail entitled "[LNA]Welcome Registration for YOUR USERNAME" from the system administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org, which guides you how to progress and follow your registration status. Please note that you need to wait for registration approval until the next step.
5. Check your e-mail box again. After your registration approved, you will receive a confirmation mail entitled "[LNA]Please Complete Registration for YOUR USERNAME", which guides you complete your registration.
6. After you finished all steps above, you can login the system.
1. Input your registered username and password, and then click the “Login” button to login the system. Please note that the username is not case sensitive.
2. If you login successfully, you will see the screen as follows.
3. When you want to leave the system, please click the “Logout” button to logout.
1. Click the “VIEW ALL COURSES” link located on the left of the menu page. The following view of all current public courses will appear.
2. Click the “Course title” you wish to view. Then page of course overview will open.
1. Click the “FIND COURSES” link located on the left of the menu page. You will go to the search screen as follows. Enter some keywords that are relative to the subject matter you are searching.
Note: the system supports AND/OR searching condition. “With all of the words” means AND condition, while “With at least of the words” means OR condition.
2. To perform the search using the advanced search form, Click the “more” link.
In this window, you can find the target courses according to the title, author, description, syllabus or lecture notes.
3. For example, “computer” as keyword to seek the title, you will get the searching result like the following figure.
4. Clicking the words with underline, you can open the homepage about the target course. Also you can sort the search result by “Date”, “Id”, “Title” or “Summary”.
Please read the guideline carefully before your registration. Click the line “GUIDELINE” located on the left menu page to know in detail.
Quick search box is on the right side of the top menu. You can do quick search for seeking the target courses or PDF files as follows.
Click “Advanced Search” to go to advanced search page. Refer to the “Find Courses” section
1. Please refer to the section “Find courses” or “Quick search”.
1. After you open a certain course, you will see the following course overview screen. (Course description, lecturer, course days, syllabus and so on.)
2. At the same time, the following view appears in the left-pane as follows.
1. When the current focus is on the “Course Home” link, you can click “Syllabus” to only display the content of syllabus as follows.
1. As like as introduction of “Course syllabus”, please click the “Lecture Notes” link to open the lecture note page.
Notes: you need to login the system in order to download the lecture notes.
If you have forgotten login password, you can reset your password in Lecture Note Archive System. In this case, you have to remember your login username, and provide your valid email address which you had specified when you registered your account.
We appreciate your attention to IISEE-UNESCO Lecture Notes Archive System. If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions when using this site, please don't hesitate to drop your message. Thank you!